GoPro Camera Keeps Freezing and Won’t Turn Off ? Here is a Fix
I faced this issue. My new GoPro Hero 4 black camera suddenly freezes and I can’t even turn it off.
Basic solutions for this problem:-
Solution 1: Use GoPro recommended SD cards
Class 10/UHS 1 Card is necessary to use your GoPro Hero 3,4 cameras and 4K video mode. So only use GoPro recommended SD cards.
Solution 2: Reset GoPro camera
Sometimes resetting your GoPro camera will fix this issue. But this method is unique for various GoPro cameras like Hero5 Black, HERO5 Session, Hero 3 silver etc.
Visit this GoPro support page to know how to reset your GoPro camera.
Hold down the shutter button on the top of the camera to reset.
Solution 3: Update GoPro Camera software
Solution 4: Format Memory card
Format the SD card using the option “Delete All” in the camera settings.
Solution 5: Only for tech people.
Only use this method if your GoPro camera out of warranty period. Otherwise, claim warranty.
- Open GoPro camera using the screwdriver.
- Clean all contacts and use new thermal paste for CPU and other chips (optional).
- Unplug camera sensor and plug it back again.
- It will start working again without any issue.
Final Solution: Get Replacement if your camera under warranty period
If you can’t fix your GoPro camera issue after trying above solutions and if it’s under 1 year warranty period, apply for GoPro replacement warranty.
- Before sending your GoPro, contact its Customer Support team by clicking the link of Contact Us on the Support Page.
- You will be offered with an RMA(Return Merchandise Authorization) number
- You need to write the RMA number on the package after it is packed up.
- Send it to the specific address based on your specific location.